30 June 2007

Tour de Suisse

So it begins. Just today I was watching OLN/VERSUS coverage of the Tour de Suisse annd I realized that in just 18 days I'll be on a plane for Paris.

I also realized that I know precious little about the Tour de France this year. That's right PRECIOUS LITTLE.

In the next few days I'll be immersing myself in the current state of affairs for the teams that are entered into the 2007 Tour de France and I'll start to form some opinions on who might come out of nowhere to win this race.

At first blush, I feel that Team CSC and Team Discovery are the favorites. But this race could be won by anyone if they have the conditioning and drive. Without Ulrich and Basso, it's wide open.

Finally, while in Europe I'll be watching live coverage either in the streets of France or via Eurosport. If you don't want spoilers then don't read my posts for each day until AFTER you've seen your local coverage.

Until next time, Allez! Allez!

No comments: