07 July 2007

A comment I posted

Here's a comment I just posted at a site asking all readers what can be done about the doping issue in the Tour de France and in cycling in general. Here's the link to the article.


This year I'm blogging about the tour at http://www.tdf07.com and I feel my greatest challenge will be learning new names and faces while the riders whirl past me.

Having watched the tour in 1998 in Ireland and in 2005 in Meribel and Courchevel, I have grown to love this sport.

But the only thing I see as a fix for the doping issue is a complete collapse and rebuild. Unfortunately, that will likely cause the sport to lose its American fan base (as many people over here are fickle and selfish) and that could affect the profitability of the sport.

All of which might send the sport and the Tour de France into a spiral again where people feel the need to dope to create magnificent performances.

C'est la vie.

No comments: